- “I had a discussion with my daughter Amy the other day before I came here to ask her what the most important issue was. She said she thought the control of nuclear weaponry.” – Jimmy Carter, in a debate with Ronald Reagan, thought it was wise to ask his thirteen year old daughter about national policy.
- “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.” – Ronald Reagan, demanded of the Soviet leader what everyone told him not to, and four years later the Iron Curtain fell, the Berlin Wall came down, and Eastern Europe was freed from forty years of Soviet oppression.
- “Read my lips; no new taxes.” – George H. W. Bush, promised not to raise taxes, yielded to Democrat pressure to raise taxes, then was hung on it.
- “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.” – Bill Clinton, lying before the American people and Congress under oath resulting in his impeachment.
- “I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you, and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon.” – George W. Bush, standing at the ruins of the World Trade Center after Islamist Jihadis knocked the towers down declaring war.
- “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation.” – Barack Obama, speaking about religioius freedom in America.
- “Just as you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink, you can tell a liberal the truth, but you can’t make him think.” – Dustin Koellhoffer
Most famous and infamous quotes that defined the last six presidents
This entry was posted in Obama's legacy
. Bookmark the permalink